On my first CRM job I ran into an issue.
When running CRM in Internet Explorer 7.0 the import of customizations does not work as expected.
Everything works fine up to the point where you do the actual import.
CRM starts with the import and shows the following message (I work with a Dutch CRM version "Aanpassingen importeren" means something like: "Importing Changes"):
All goes well you should think...
Well this message stays on the screen forever, if you don't click the 'X' in the upper right corner. As you can see on the image, the OK button stays disabled.
I found out that the import works, but it is very irritating when you do not know for sure that the import has finished.
Microsoft has made a hotfix for this issue, but you need a Microsoft Account to get the fix.
If you got a PatrnerSource Account you can navigate to the following page: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;927667#EQADAAA
The text on the Microsoft page:
The Import Customizations Web page does not close as expected when you try to import customizations in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 after you install Internet Explorer 7.
You install Windows Internet Explorer 7. Then, you try to import customizations in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. However, the Import Customizations Web page does not close as expected after you click Import All Customizations or Import Selected Customizations. Additionally, the import process is not completed.
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 service pack that contains this hotfix.
My thoughts exactly...